180 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2108, Chicago, Illinois 60601Phone: 312.726.0531Fax: 312.726.4928
180 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2108, Chicago, Illinois 60601
News & Representative Cases
Our work and achievements have been published and highlighted in the news.
- Eric Kaplan is chairing a discussion at the Council on Litigation Management’s Annual Conference in March of 2011 on the topic of representing distressed / imploding law firms in professional liability cases.
- In 2010, Dean Gournis became a member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IADTC) lawyers. According to IADTC: The Illinois Association Defense Trial Counsel ‘(IDC)’ is the premier association of attorneys in Illinois who devote a substantial portion of their practice to the representation of business, corporate, insurance, professional and other individual defendants in civil litigation.
- Dean J. Papadakis has been named a 2010 Super Lawyer. Illinois Super Lawyers identified the top five percent of the lawyers in Illinois based on research and peer nominations conducted by Law & Politics. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- In April, 2009, K&G opened its office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Dean Gournis was recently nominated by his peers as a “Rising Star” in professional liability defense. Mr. Gournis was one of only eight attorneys in Chicago to receive this distinction and appeared in Chicago Magazine and Illinois Super Lawyers for this honor.
- Eric Kaplan has been nominated by K&G’s insurance clients to the Council on Litigation Management f/k/a the Council of Ethical Billing and is a Co-Chairman of the Professional Liability Committee and Lawyers Professional Liability Committee.
- Eric Kaplan is a frequent lecturer on professional liability and insurance defense topics and spoke at the Equipment Appraisers Association of North America’s (EAANA) Annual Conference in Pittsburgh on January 29, 2010.
- Dean Papadakis has been elected General Counsel for the Central Society Tsipianiton Chicago.
- In May of 2008, Mr. Papadakis was appointed by the Honorable Richard M. Daley to serve on the SSA #16 for the Greektown area in Chicago.
- In January 2009, Mr. Papadakis was invited to join the Board of Directors for the National Hellenic Museum and he served as the Chairman of the Annual Gala held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on October 18, 2009.
- In October 2009, a biographical profile of Mr. Papadakis was featured in the Greek Star newspaper.
- Akbar v. Interstate Realty Management, 2022 WL 952352 (N.D. IL)(summary judgment entered in favor of real estate management firm in housing discrimination case);
- Kingman v. Fredrickson, 2021 WL 5881981 (W.D. WI)(summary judgment entered in favor of municipal defendants in first amendment retaliation and ADA case);
- Midwest Mailing & Shipping Systems, Inc. v. Schoenberg, 2021 IL App (1st) 2000669 (dismissal of third party contribution claim against attorney and law firm in legal malpractice case);
- Brocks v. Blass, 2022 IL App (1st) 210580 (dismissal of legal malpractice case);
- Bommiasamy v. Conway, 2020 IL App (1st) 190339 (dismissal of legal malpractice case);
- Melongo v. Podlasek, 2019 WL 1254913 (N.D. Ill.)(partial summary judgment entered in favor of police officer in §1983 case);
- Mandalis v. Wentzel, 2019 IL App (1st) 18-0455 (dismissal of multi-million dollar legal malpractice case);
- Klein v. O’Brien, 884 F.3d 754 (7th Cir. 2018) (dismissal of conspiracy claim against attorney and law firm);
- Garner v. Clearstaff, 2015 WL 7731826 (summary judgment entered in sexual harassment and discrimination case);
- Wells Fargo Business Credit, Inc. v. DoveBid Valuation Services, Inc., 2008 LEXIS 85088 (N.D. Ill)(partial summary judgment entered in negligent misrepresentation action against equipment appraiser);
- Thomas v. Simpson & Cyback, 2007 LEXIS 18032 (N.D. Ill.)(summary judgment entered in FDCPA case against law firm);
- Durham v. Loan Store, 2006 LEXIS 33550 (N.D. Ill.)(partial summary judgment entered in negligence and HOEPA case against mortgage broker);
- Display Promotions, Inc. v. DoveBid Valuation Services, Inc., 2005 WI App 214; 287 Wis. 2d 507; 704 N.W.2d 423 (Wis. Ct. App. 2005)(summary judgment entered in negligent misrepresentation case against equipment appraiser);
- Lukwinski v. Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation, 312 Ill.App.3d 385, 726 N.E.2d 665, 244 Ill.Dec. 690 (1st Dist. 2000)(dismissal of breach of warranty claim);
- Oxford Bank & Trust v. Hartford Accident and Indemnity Co., 298 Ill.App.3d 199, 698 N.E.2d 204, 232 Ill.Dec. 366 (2nd Dist. 1998)(verdict in favor of bank in fidelity declaratory action case affirmed);
- McCammond v. Oxford Bank & Trust, 1998 WL 708796 (N.D.Ill.)(summary judgment entered in ADA, discrimination and Equal Pay Act case)